Troy is the land where the lines between history and mythology are blurred. The Siege of Troy, as described by Homer in the Iliad and Odyssey, is one of the most well know myths in world history. In 1870 ancient ruins believed to be Troy were discovered and you will have a chance to see these nine sites in the company of our professional tour guide. They will explain the lifestyles and cultures of the people in that era, and the architectural and archeological features of the houses and the sites. You will hear fascinating ancient stories and may find yourself entering into a fantasy while framed by the mythical surroundings of Troy.
06:30 You will be picked up from your hotel between 6.00 and 7.00 a.m.
07:00 We depart for Troy on our luxury tour buses. We will stop by for breakfast on the way.
12.00 We will arrive in Eceabat. You will have time to relax and have a delicious lunch in a local restaurant.
13.00 Departure for the fully guided Troy tour.
At the site you’ll be shown:
• A replica of the famous wooden horse which you can climb into for photos.
• Excavation information centre which displays exhibits from the work underway.
• The fortification walls of Troy Vl with its tower & gateway entrance.
• Temple of Athena - the focal point of a great annual festival in honour of the goddess Athena.
• Schliemann’s trench - the discoverer of Troy.
• The entrance ramp to Troy ll.
• The sanctuary - an important religious centre of its time.
• The odeon – intended for the presentation of musical performances.
• Current excavations in progress.
17.30 Troy Tour ends.
18.00 Depart for Istanbul.
23.00 Arrive Istanbul and transfer to your hotels.